Attlebridge, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||St Faith's PLU|
|Registration District||St Faiths|
|Parish registers: 1712|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1636|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
ATTENBOROUGH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Shardlow, S. division of the wapentake of Broxtow, N. division of the county of Nottingham, 6 miles (S. W.) from Nottingham; containing, with the township of Toton and the hamlet of Chilwell. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Attlebridge, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Attlebridge, Norfolk Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438866.
- 1845 White's Directory of Norfolk: Transcribed by Pat Newby and hosted by Genuki.org.uk
- 1883 White's Directory of Norfolk: Transcribed by Richard Johns and hosted by Genuki.org.uk
- 1883 Kelly's Directory for Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk, p. 232: Transcribed by E.C. Paddy Apling and hosted by Genuki.org.uk
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Attlebridge on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 108-112. Date accessed: 28 August 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 11 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 16 April 2014, at 18:32.
- This page has been accessed 1,002 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki