Australia, Tasmania, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the discussion page to post your comments.
Question #1: Some of the records found at Australia, Tasmania, Civil Registration, 1803-1933 > Launceston and country districts > Births appear to have records different from the browse point description. Is there a list of the correct browse point descriptions
Answer #1: Following is a list of the known discrepancies in the browse point names.
- RGD 33/24. Births, country districts, Bothwell to Glamorgan, 1838-1850 browse point should be renamed RGB 33/24, Births, Launceston 1850 - 1852.
- RGD 33/25. Births, Launceston, 1851-1852 (Should be RGD 33/25. Copy of Births, Launceston, 1850-1852)
- RGD 33/26. Births, country districts, G-M, 1839-1850 should be renamed RGD 33/26 Births, country districts, B- G 1839 - 1850.
- RGD 33/27 Births, country districts, N-W, 1839-1850 should be renamed RGD 33/27 G -M 1839 - 1850.
- RGD 33/28. Births, 1851, Launceston should be renamed RGD 33/28 Births N - W 1839 - 1851
Question #2: At the Launceston and country districts > Births > RGD 33/52 > 1874 B-W browse point, the records seem to be either missing or out of order. Can you tell me how these records are organized?
Answer #2: Generally the records are in alphabetical order by location but, because of film splicing there are some inconsistencies. The following is a list of known discrepancies:
- Images 2 & 3 are out of order (should be switched),
- Images 87 to 99 are out of sequence and hold births numbered 652 to 760 (Green Ponds, Hamilton, and Horton districts),
- Image 100 is out of sequence and has births numbered 623 to 638 (Georgetown),
- Images 101 to 111 are out of sequence and have births numbered 585 to 651 (Glamorgan, Gordon and Green Ponds districts),
- Images 112 to 129 are out of sequence and have births numbered 404-568 (Fingal, Franklin and Georgetown districts),
- Births numbered 569 to 584 (Georgetown) are not available at Family Search (Georgetown)
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Australia, Tasmania, Civil Registration, 1803-1933 > Launceston and country districts > Births > RGD 33/25. Births, Launceston, 1851-1852 Image 1 of 144
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Australia, Tasmania, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Australia, Tasmania, Civil Registration, 1803-1933 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 16 August 2013, at 16:30.
- This page has been accessed 338 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More