BYU Immigrant Ancestors ProjectEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Immigrant Ancestors Project is sponsored by the Center for Genealogy and Family History. The project identifies and acquires microfilmed, digital, or photocopies of emigration records for emigrants that left their native countries in Europe for the Americas. Volunteers extract the original records and make the extracted information available online free of charge. The site also provides the contact information and a form letter to the archive where the original record is located so that users can ask for the original record.
The extracted records found on the site may include:
- Name and Age of Emigrant
- Date and Place of departure
- Place of residence or birth
- Destination of Emigrant
- Contact Information for obtaining a copy of the original record
Or do a google.com search for: Immigrant Ancestors Project
- This page was last modified on 14 July 2014, at 18:51.
- This page has been accessed 1,295 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki