Bagthorpe, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Docking PLU|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Bagthorpe St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the county of Norfolk.
The church is situated in a lane in the hamlet close by Bagtorpe Hall. It was declared redundnat some time ago and is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust although services are still held there on an occasional basis.
BAGTHORPE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Docking, hundred of Gallow, W. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (E.) from Great Bircham. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bagthorpe, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BAGTHORPE PARISH (1562) Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 37
Parish registers for Bagthorpe
Microfilm copy of original in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library in Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Baptisms, 1561-1776; marriages, 1561-1753; burials, 1561-1777. Baptisms, 1778-1813; burials, 1778-1806. Baptisms, 1813-1906. Marriages, 1756-1810; marriage banns, 1802-1804. Marriages, 1813-1837, 1850. Marriages, 1837-1905. Burials, 1814-1916. Marriage banns, 1844-1913. Burial transcripts, 1883-1887. FHL BRITISH Film 1911508 Items 10 - 18
There is a known issue in relation to England Vital Records Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Baptisms entered for this parish have been found to be from Rollesby, Norfolk on this film and in indexing batch I07258-3
Archdeacons transcripts Bagthorpe
Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Baptisms 1725-1812 Marriages 1725-1810 Burials 1725-1807 FHL BRITISH Film 1526789 Item 11
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438859.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
- 1597 Subsidy Taxes:Transcribed by Geoff Lowe and housed on Norfolk Transcription Archives
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Bagthorpe on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 128-132. Date Accessed: 29 August 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 7 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:33.
- This page has been accessed 2,796 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More