Barbary WarsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Barbary Wars were fought between the United States and the four Barbary states of North Africa (i.e. Morocco, Algiers, Tunis, and Tripoli).
The following have information about the Barbary Wars:
- D'Addezio - Military Records - Barbary Wars - Provided by: Mike Bacarella
- The Mariners' Museum : Birth of the U.S. Navy:The Barbary Wars
- Military Analysis Network = Instances of Use of United States Forces Abroad, 1798 - 1993 by Ellen C. Collier - Library of Congress -- October 7, 1993
INFORMATION FROM: The above internet sites and Family History Library US/Canada Consultants, "Barbary Wars, in LAD, Release 4.1, Family History Library, 2004, mjm.
The following has a map about the Barbary Wars:
The following index includes servicemen of the Barbary Wars:
- Index to Old Wars Pension Files, 1815-1926, by Virgil White, is primarily for claims based on death or disability during the military service between 1783 and 1861 in the Army, Navy and Marines. (973 M22wh 1993 US/CAN Ref Main & 2nd).
Information from: Family History Library US/Canada Consultants, "Barbary Wars" in LAD, Release 4.1, Family History Library, 2004, mjm.
- This page was last modified on 18 January 2012, at 23:03.
- This page has been accessed 1,368 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More