Barnham Broom, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Barnham Broom, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Barnham Broom, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Forehoe PLU|
|Parish registers: 1630|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Barnham Broom St Peter and St Paul is an Ancient Parish in the county of Norfolk and diocese of Norwich.
Other places in the parish include: Bickerstone and Bixton.
15th century church with later renovation
BARNHAM-BROOM (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 4¾ miles (N. N. W.) from Wymondham.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Forehoe 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Barnham Broom, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Barnham Broom, Norfolk Online Parish Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1630-1874||Undefined||1630-1749, 1754-1901||Undefined||1630-1921|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 326/1
Title Baptisms, 1630, 1633, 1646-1749; Marriages, 1654-1748; and Burials, 1649-1749.
Description With memorandum by rector that he had 'diligently Enquird for the Old Register but can get not account of it. It has bin missing ever Since the last Mr Gannings death, as I am inform'd,' and lists of collections for briefs, 1653-1716.
The images on FamilySearch marked baptisms marriages and burials 1630-1749 are incomplete and baptisms end in 1724. Reloading of additional images await engineering in future.
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Barnham Broom on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 148-153. Date accessed: 29 August 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/barnham-broom-st-peter-st-paul/ for information about the parish
http://www.norwich.anglican.org/church?deanery=8 for churches in the local deanery of Dereham in Mitford
http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50779 British History onlinehttp://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/barnhambroom/barnhambroom.htm Norfolk Churches website
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:23.
- This page has been accessed 2,168 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More