Barningham Norwood, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Barningham Norwood, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1690|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Barningham Norwood St Peter and St Paul is an Ancient parish in the Repps deanery of the diocese of Norwich.
Referred to in record sources as North Barningham, St Peter is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust. Although only formally declared redundant in 1969, it had gradually fallen out of use during the course of the 20th century. The Palgrave family, most closely associated with the parish, died out in the 1730s, and the land was bought by the Felbrigg Estate.
BARNINGHAM-NOR (TH) WOOD (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of North Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: email@example.com
Barningham Norwood, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Barningham Norwood, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1538-1908||Undefined||1538-1831, 1854-1903||Undefined||1538-1956|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 230 (North Barningham)
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
http://www.btinternet.com/~e.c.apling/1891Census/Barningham.htm transcript of 1891 census
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
North Barningham on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 148-153. Date accessed 29 August 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 21 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
http://www.northnorfolkimages.co.uk/location/barningham.html for images of the redundant St Peter's Church
http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/northbarningham/northbarningham.htm Norfolk Churches website
- This page was last modified on 12 January 2016, at 01:38.
- This page has been accessed 4,228 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News