Barnwell County, South Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- See also the main article on genealogical research in Barnwell County, South Carolina.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
Surname indexes to Leonardo Andrea's Files | Folders | Resources are available online, courtesy: The Andrea Files: South Carolina Genealogical Research. Learn more.
- Manning, Edna Anderson. Manning Collection, Barnwell County, South Carolina Records, 1717-1965. MSS., South Caroliniana Library, Columbia, S.C. 15 vols. FHL Collection 1841506
- Barnwell County, SC Family History and Genealogy Message Board (Ancestry)
- Barnwell County, SC Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- [Bassett] Bassett Family Association and Jeffrey N. Bassett. Splinters from the Tree. New Haven, Conn.: Bassett Family Association of America, 1897-. FHL Collection 929.27305 B294f
- [Bilbo] Bilbo Family Bible Records, 1779-1940. MSS. Microfilmed 1971. FHL Collection 850402 Item 2
- [Boyd] DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis. The Family of Rueben Boyd (1769-1827) of Barnwell County, South Carolina. Augusta, Ga.: E.W. DeHuff, 1963. FHL 929.273 B692de
- [Bradley] Drake, Charles E.F. "Benoni Bradley of Beaufort: A Connecticut Yankee in the Low Country," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Reseach, Vol. 33, No. 3 (Summer 2005):127-132. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 33
- [Brown] Johnston, Ernest. Brown and Hallonquist: An Account of the Ancestors of Benjamin Franklin Brown (1814-1884) and His Wife, Catherine Ann Hallonquist (1830-1894) of Barnwell, South Carolina. Shepherdstown, W. Va.: [E. B. Johnston], 1998. FHL 929.273 B812jeb
- [Bush] Kelly, Wilhelmina Rhodes. The Hines Bush Family: and Other Related People of Color from Barnwell District, South Carolina, 1842-2004. Tucson, Ariz.: Hats Off Books, 2004. FHL 929.273 B963k
- [Collins] Vaughn, Michael J. The Family and Pedigree of Henry Rampy (1817-1866): South Carolina to Texas. Waco, Texas: M.J. Vaughn, 1998. FHL Book 929.273 R148v
- [Creel] Creel, George Edison, Theo Lula Creel Manning, and Daniel Thomas Creel. Creel Family History -- April 2003. Hernando Beach, Fla.: G.E. Creel, 2003. FHL Collection 929.273 C861cg
- [Creel] Creel, Jeanne V. The Road to Slocumb. [Lecanto, Fla.]: J.V. Creel, 2004. FHL Collection CD-ROM no. 1703
- [Dunbar] DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis. Ancestors of the Francis Fickling Dunbar Family of South Carolina. Augusta, Ga.: De Huff, [1954?]. FHL Collection 929.273 D911d
- [Dunbar] DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis. The Dunbar Family of Barnwell County, South Carolina. Augusta, Ga.: E.W. DeHuff, 1970. FHL 929.273 D911da
- [Dyess] Trammell, Pamela Karen Veuleman. The Descendants of the Dyess Brothers of Barnwell, South Carolina: A Heritage of Which We Can All Be Proud. Texarkana, Texas: P.K.V. Trammell, 1994. FHL 929.273 D989t ; Supplement: FHL 929.273 D989t supp.
- [Dyess] Trammell, Pamela Karen Veuleman. Dyess Newsletter. Texarkana, Texas: Tri-State Genealogical Research, 1995. FHL 929.27305 D989
- [Fender] Cheek, Mrs. John L. Record of the Fender Family in the United States: Also Cheek and Allied Families. Typescript, microfilmed 1977. FHL Collection 1036555 Item 35
- [Hair] DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis. Aid in Genealogical Research on the Hair Family of Barnwell County, South Carolina. Augusta, Ga.: E.W. DeHuff, 1966. FHL 929.273 H127d
- [Hallonquist] Johnston, Ernest. Brown and Hallonquist: An Account of the Ancestors of Benjamin Franklin Brown (1814-1884) and His Wife, Catherine Ann Hallonquist (1830-1894) of Barnwell, South Carolina. Shepherdstown, W. Va.: [E. B. Johnston], 1998. FHL 929.273 B812jeb
- [Hiers] Hiers, James Lawrence. The Hiers Geneology (Heyer, Hyer, Hier, Hire, Hires, Hiers) And Allied Families Platts, Rentz, Fender, Varn, Carter, Parker, Croft, Kinard, Others. Columbia, SC: R. L. Bryan, 1974.
- [Harter] Smith, Mannie George. The Harters of Barnwell District South Carolina (c. 1753). Columbia, S.C.: R. L. Bryan, 1994. FHL 1598285 Item 6
- [Holly] Henderson, Beulah Holly. The Holly-Graham Families and Their Descendants from the Seventeenth Century. Ocala, Fla.: B.H. Henderson, 1954. FHL Collection 929.273 H729he
- [Holly] MacDowell, Dorothy K. The Holly/Holley Family: Early Barnwell & Edgefield Districts, South Carolina. Aiken, S.C.: D.K. MacDowell, [198-?]. FHL 929.273 H729m
- [Howell] Clark, Betty Lane. Joseph Howell, Revolutionary Soldier of Old Barnwell District, S. C.: and Allied Families. Typescript, 1971. FHL 907986 Item 1
- [McCreary] McCreary, Richard A. The McCrearys of Barnwell County, S. C. Columbia, S.C.: R.A. McCreary, 1991. FHL 929.273 M137ma
- [Middleton] Brown, Leslie H. "John Middleton of Hampton, Va., and Onslow County, N.C.," The American Genealogist, Vol. 55, No. 3 (Jul. 1979):161-162. FHL 973 D25aga v. 55
- [O'Bannon] DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis. The Family of Thomas O'Bannon of Fauquier County, Virginia, and Barnwell County, South Carolina. Augusta, Ga.: E.W. DeHuff, 1969. FHL 929.273 Ob1d
- [Prescott] Prescott, Adell Taylor. Moses and Susannah (Warren) Prescott and Their Descendants. Greenville, N.C.: A. Prescott, 1985. FHL Collection 929.273 P921pa
- [Richardson] Davis, Anne Richardson. Richardson and Allied Lines of the Southeast: Including Powell, McRae, Johnson, Garriss, Lightsey, Waller, Cook, Sheppard & Gatch. Darien, Ga.: Sea Griffin Pub., 2000. FHL Collection 929.273 R393da
- [Rigdon] Gillett, Jean Thomson. Descendants of Ephraim Rigdon and the Southern Migration. 1998. FHL Collection 929.273 R448g
- [Sandefer] Harp, Goldie. The Descendants of Joshua A. Sandefer. [Longview, Wash.]: G. Harp, 1996. FHL Collection 929.273 Sa56hg
- [Simmons] Simmons, William W. Data Pertaining to Richard Simmons Family (1770-1814) and Other Families of Pike County, Mississippi. Cleveland, Miss.: William W. Simmons, 1955. FHL Collection 929.273 Si47sw
- [Smith] Woodruff, Caldwell. Captain Aaron Smith, of Old Ninety-six, South Carolina, Who with His Wife, Five Children and Five Negro Slaves, was Massacred by Cherokee Indians, 1 July 1776: With an Account of His Four Sons: Ezekiel Smith of Hancock County, Georgia; Major John Carraway Smith, of Jones County, Georgia; Thos. Keeling Smith, of Putnam County, Georgia and Lieutenant Aaron Smith, Jr., of Barnwell County, S. C. Typescript, Georgia Historical Society Collection, Savannah, Ga. Microfilmed 1959. FHL 203244 Item 1
- [Stansel] Owen, Thomas McAdory. A Genealogy of the Stansel Family. Carrollton, Ala.: West Alabamian Printing, 1900. FHL Collection 1429793 Item 18; digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Tobin] Hagood, Johnson. Meet Your Grandfather, a Sketch-Book of the Hagood-Tobin Family. Charleston, S.C.: n.p., 1946. FHL Collection 929.273 H123h
- [Tobin] Tobin Family Scrapbook. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- [Touchstone] Sandel, Mary E. and Elias Wesley Sandel. The Touchtones of Maryland, Virginia, North & South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi and Louisiana. [Amite, La.]: M.E. & E.W. Sandel, 1972. FHL Collection 929.273 T642sm
- [Treadway] Thompson, Opal Treadway and Ted Thompson. Treadway, a History of the Treadway Family of Barnwell County, South Carolina. North Augusta, S.C.: O.T. Thompson, 1991. FHL 929.273 T71tot
- [Valentine] Greer, Richard Dale. Valentine Family History. MSS., Larkin Edwards Room, Shreveport Memorial Library. Microfilmed 2001. FHL Collection 2243264 Item 1
- [Weathersbee] DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis. The Weathersbee Family of Halifax and Martin Counties, North Carolina and Barnwell County, South Carolina. [Augusta, Ga.]: E.W. De Huff, 1965. FHL 929.273 W378a Supplement: FHL Collection 929.273 W378a supp.
- [Williams] Fanning, Lawrence R. Ancestors and De[s]cendants of Charles Preston Williams and Nancy Tisdale Williams. Columbia, S.C.: L.R. Fanning, 1971. FHL Collection 929.273 W67fa; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- [Willis] DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis. The Family of Robert Willis of Barnwell County, South Carolina. Augusta, Ga.: E.W. DeHuff, 1957. FHL 929.273 W679we; 1960 update: FHL Collection 929.273 W679we supp. 1; 1962 update: FHL 929.273 W679we supp. 2; 1965 update: FHL Collection 929.273 W679we supp. 3
- [Wilson] DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis. Family of the Rev. James Wilson of Barnwell County, South Carolina. [Augusta, Ga.]: E.W. DeHuff, 1958. FHL 9.273 W694de; 1963 edition: FHL 929.273 W694de 1963
- [Woodward] Geiger, Linda Woodward. "Probate Records of Charles Woodward of Barnwell District: An Analysis," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 26, No. 1 (Winter 1998):3-8. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 26
- [Woolley] Hill, Joseph Edward. Woolley Family of Conyers, Georgia: The Children and Grandchildren of Basel Woolley (1803-1881) and His Wife Susannah Cumba (1808-1880). Decatur, Ga.: J.E. Hill, 1963. FHL Collection 978079 Item 8
- [Young] Young, Roy B. Forever Young. 2 vols. Duncan, Okla.: Young & Sons Enterprises, 1992-1994. FHL Collection 929.273 Y85yr
- This page was last modified on 17 August 2013, at 17:32.
- This page has been accessed 6,394 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page