Baschurch, ShropshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
All Saints Baschurch Shropshire
|Poor Law Union||Ellesmere PLU|
|Parish registers: 1600|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1630|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
BASCHURCH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Ellesmere, hundred of Pimhill, N. division of Shropshire, 8 miles (N. W. by N.) from Shrewsbury. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Baschurch, Shropshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Shropshire Records (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|Baschurch, Shropshire Parish Online Records|
Bishop's transcripts held at Lichfield Record Office Bap 1630-1868 Marr 1630-1836 Bur 1630-1868
Bishop's transcripts held at Lichfield Record Office Bap 1763-1873 Marr none Bur 1763-1873
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474588.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 164-168. Date accessed: 07 May 2012.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Baptisms 1538-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Banns 1760-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' FindMyPast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Shropshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 2 September 2014, at 00:04.
- This page has been accessed 1,783 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki