Batheaston, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Batheaston, Somerset family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
St John the Baptist, Batheaston Somerset
|Poor Law Union||Bath PLU|
|Parish registers: 1634|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1598|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
Batheaston St John the Baptist is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset. St Catherine, Somerset is a chapelry of Batheaston.
BATH-EASTON (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Bath, hundred of Bath-Forum, E. division of Somerset, 3 miles (N. E.) from Bath. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bath Civil Registration District has a complete index of civil registration from 1837-2007 online through the volunteer effort of Bath BMD,England Marriage registrations post 2007 are added as index become available. There are detailed content tables available.
Batheaston, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|SOPC = Somerset Online Parish Clerks - free|
|BATHEASTON PARISH Online Records|
||1609-1812, 1833-1886|| |
Church records on microfilm
Somerset Online Parish Clerks
Contributor include here any information about the transcripts for the parish and links to the Online Parish Clerk material.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474593.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England,(1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 12 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 19 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- ↑ E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.
- This page was last modified on 1 August 2014, at 15:43.
- This page has been accessed 3,015 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki