Beauregard's Company, South Carolina Light Artillery (Ferguson's)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States U.S. Military South Carolina South Carolina Military South Carolina in the Civil War 1st Regiment, South Carolina Infantry (Butler's) (1st Regulars) Beauregard's Company, South Carolina Light Artillery (Ferguson's)
Beauregard's Company, South Carolina Light Artillery (Ferguson's), is Company A of the 1st Regiment, South Carolina Infantry (Butler's) (1st Regulars).
Ferguson's Battery was organized in April, 1862, at Charleston, South Carolina. After serving in South Carolina. The unit moved to Mississippi and fought under General Gist at Jackson. Later it joined the Army of Tennessee and was assigned to Palmer's, R. Martin's, and R. Cobb's Battalion of Artillery.
Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment. This site uses Joseph H. Crute's book, Units of the Confederate States Army, as their main source for the regiment history. Family History Library book 973 M2crua, FHL Collection, WorldCat.
- Footnote.com (A subscription website, but is available for use at the Family History Library and some Family History Centers). It has digital Civil War soldier service records and brief regiment histories (located at the bottom of some of the muster rolls).
- ↑ National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System: (accessed 6 December 2010).
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:32.
- This page has been accessed 1,268 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News