Beauregard Parish, LouisianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Beauregard Parish Louisiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Beauregard Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||June 12, 1912|
|Address|| 201 First St |
DeRidder, LA 70634
Beauregard Parish Courthouse
412 Mayeaux Drive
De Ridder, LA 70634-0310
Parish Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate, court and land records from 1913..
- French: Paroisse de Beauregard
- Named for Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard, a Confederate general in the Civil War and one of the designer of the Confederate Battle Flag.
For animated maps illustrating Louisiana Parish boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Louisiana Parish Boundary Maps" (1805-1990) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
For a list of record loss in Louisiana Parishes see: Louisiana Parishes with Burned Courthouses
Places / Localities
- City: DeRidder
- Town: Merryville
- Communities: Dry Creek . Field . Longville . Oretta . Ragley . Singer . Sugartown
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
Church records and the information they provide vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Louisiana denominations, view the Louisiana Church Records wiki page.
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Louisiana Land and Property for additional information about early Louisiana land ownership. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse where records are also currently housed.
Local histories are available for Beauregard Parish, Louisiana. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories see the wiki page section Louisiana Local Histories.
- Maps of Louisiana (1805-1990)
- Family Maps of Beauregard Parish, Louisiana (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Confederate Veterans of Civil War
- Confederate States of America Veterans
- Stores of Confederate States of America Veterans
- Confederate pension applications
- 1 BN 2 Regiment, Louisiana Volunteer Cavalry Scouts
- World War I
- World War Draft Registration Cards
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Beauregard Parish, Louisiana newspapers in online catalogs like:
Probate records before 1845 were kept in probate courts. Since 1845, they have been kept by the Beauregard Parish, Louisiana clerk of the district court. Many of the probate records are included in the notarial records with the deeds and mortgages. In some parishes they are known as “succession” records.
See the Wiki page Louisiana Probate Records for more information about probate records in Louisiana.
Content: Probate records may give the decedent's date of death, names of his or her spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, neighbors, associates, relatives, and their place of residence.
Record types: Wills, estates, guardianships, naturalizations, and adoptions.
Louisiana tax records can be used in place of missing censuses and provide lists of residents during years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years. For more information, see Louisiana Taxation.
Louisiana statewide registration of birth and death records began in 1911. Births and deaths are kept by the Louisiana Vital Records Registry. Marriages were recorded by each parish, and the records are at the parish clerk of court office. See also How to order Louisiana Vital Records or order electronically online.
See Louisiana Vital Records for more information on getting Louisiana records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Beauregard Parish, LA History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Louisiana Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Louisiana Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- FamilySearch.org FamilySearch Catalog for Beauregard Parish.
- The Beauregard Parish LAGenWeb Project, an member of The LAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project, for Beauregard Parish.
- Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Beauregard Parish, Louisiana p. 289 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 04:17.
- This page has been accessed 6,047 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki