Beaverton Oregon West Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Beaverton Oregon West Family History Center primarily serves the Beaverton, Aloha, and Cedar Mill communities, but welcomes patrons from the surrounding greater Portland/Vancouver area as well.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 17140 SW Bany Rd Beaverton OR 97007 United States
- We are located to the left of the building's north-side main entrance. If you need to avoid stairs, park on the south side by the east end of the building and ring the bell at the east entrance door to be admitted (or call us at 503-356-1385 on your cell).
Thanksgiving and last two weeks of December:
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events: Family History Class Series
- Presented by Barbara & Hal Hovorka
- Oct '11 through Apr '12 First two Tuesday nights 7pm
Meeting 28 February 2012 7pm
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to receive and view any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan to give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, including Ancestry.com
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 computers, 4 microfilm readers, 4 fiche readers, 2 printers (print from computers), 1 copier (b&w), 1 microfilm/fiche reader-copier, 1 small ST Genie digital scanner for microfilm, 35mm negatives and slides
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Adding details to a FHC page article.
Volunteer at the Center
If you have expertise in a research location or foreign language and are willing to help our patrons with their searches and reading documents, please call the center at 503-356-1385 and leave us a message to that effect OR email us at OR_beavertonwest@ldsmail.net
- This page was last modified on 29 August 2014, at 15:33.
- This page has been accessed 1,818 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page