Bedford Indiana Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1010 22nd St Bedford Indiana 47421-4822 United States
- Please contact the Bedford Church History Center director to schedule appointments to enter the center.
- Not only do we have access to the LDS church data base but other sites such as Ancestry.com that are able to be used for free.
- We have a Facebook page called Family History Center Bedford that allows you to post as well as contact the director and is updated daily.
- Call anytime and we will be happy to meet with you when you have time
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Lawrence County Historical and Geneological Society
Director: Joyce Shepherd
Address: 929 15th St. Bedford, In. 47421
This building is located on the North side of the downtown square in Bedford.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 16 September 2014, at 21:38.
- This page has been accessed 874 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki