Beginning Research in BahrainEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Who of the family still lives in the Mid East?
- Whom do I know that still reads and writes Arabic?
- What family members are living in the US?
- You want to go to the website below with the US-Phone listings entering your surname
- http://switchboard.intelius.com http://switchboard.intelius.com]
- There are ways to find the addresses of family members
- What do I want/not want to express in a letter to family members that I am not close to anymore?
- INTERNATIONAL GENALOGICAL INDEX (IGI)
Please, don’t underestimate the IGI
Go to www.familysearch.org
Click on ‘Search’ -Click on ‘Search For Ancestors’
Type in only the Arabic surname
Click on ‘Exact Spelling’ and ‘Enter’
Check how many of those names listed are part of your ancestry Should you find one or more of those listed might be of your own family glean and add the information to your data/records.
- This page was last modified on 25 November 2008, at 20:20.
- This page has been accessed 840 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More