Benin, Census, 2002 (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Record
Bénin, Recensement, 2002
This collection will include population schedule records from the 2002 Census of Benin from the Benin National Archives. The 2002 Benin Census was the third census taken in Benin. This census is a population census, to gather information about given households within the country.
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
These records may contain the following information:
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
To search the collection image by image select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒ Select the 'Department' category
⇒ Select the 'Commune' category
⇒ Select the 'Record Type and Years' category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- You may need to search for both their nickname and their given name.
- Be aware that errors may have occurred.
Using the Information
- Use the estimated age to calculate a birth date.
- Use use the families' names to verify that you've found the correct ancestor.
|FHL Place Benin items or FHL Keyword Benin items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog.|
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citations for This Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- "Benin, Census, 2002." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2014. Citing Department of National Archives, Porto-Novo, Oueme.
|The citation for an image will be available on each image once the collection is published.|
- This page was last modified on 17 December 2014, at 22:24.
- This page has been accessed 627 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page