Berkeley County, South Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- See also the main article on genealogical research in Berkeley County, South Carolina.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
Surname indexes to Leonardo Andrea's Files | Folders | Resources are available online, courtesy: The Andrea Files: South Carolina Genealogical Research. Learn more.
- Berkeley County, SC Family History and Genealogy Message Board (Ancestry)
- Berkeley County, SC Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- [Allston] Groves, Joseph A. The Alstons and Allstons of North and South Carolina Compiled from English, Colonial and Family Records, with Personal Reminiscences, Also Notes of Some Allied Families. Selma, Ga.: J.G. Groves, 1902. FHL Collection 896812 Item 1
- [Allston] Allston, Susan Lowndes. Brookgreen Waccamaw in the Carolina Low Country. Charleston, S.C.: Walker, Evans & Cogswell, 1935. FHL Collection 929.273 AL58a
- [Anderson] McNees, Lucien L. Descendants of Capt. Henry Anderson, Sr. of Newberry County, South Carolina. Ebenezer, Miss.: L.L. McNees, 1972. FHL Collection 1035998 Item 2
- [Ball] Deas, Anne Simons. Recollections of the Ball family of South Carolina and the Comingtee plantations. Summerville, SC, 1904. Digital version at American Libraries.
- [Ball] John Ball and Keating Simons Ball Books, 1779-1911. The Southern Historical Collections at the Louis Round WIlson Special Collections Library.
- [Broughton] Broughton, M. Leon. Broughton Memoirs. Dallas, Texas: M.L. Broughton, 1972. FHL Collection 929.273 B797b 1972
- [Capers] MacDowell, Dorothy K. Descendants of William Capers and Richard Capers and Related Families. Aiken, S.C.: D.K. MacDowell, 1973. FHL Collection 929.273 C171m
- [Carter] Pedigree of the Descendants of Thomas Cater, Planter of Berkeley County, S. C., Will Dated, 1730. FHL US/CAN Pedigree File no. 456.
- [Cuttino] Cuttino, G.P. History of the Cuttino Family. Atlanta, Ga.: Emory University, 1982. FHL Collection 929.273 C982c
- [Dorroh] Munger, Rose McDavid. McDavid - Dorroh Families. [Birmingham, Ala.]: R.D. Munger, [196-]. FHL Collection 823730 Item 4
- [Fuller] Fuller, John Beattie. Captain William Fuller (1620-1695). Astor, Fla.: Fuller Genealogy Data Bank, . FHL Collection 929.273 F959fjw
- [Goble] Goble, Robert. The Cupboard in the Attic: Goble Family History - Goble's Corners to Penhurst Farm. Cobble Hill, British Columbia: Greyridge Productions, 2004. FHL Collection 929.271 G538g
- [Gordon] Marshall, Erminie Northcutt. Gordons of the Deep South. Austin, Texas: [E.N. Marshall], 1961. FHL Collection 929.273 G653ma
- [Haworth] Haworth, C.V. Haworths in America. ca.1600-1950: Genealogy of the Family of James Haworth, Fourth Son of George and Sarah (Scarborough) Haworth. Typescript. Microfilmed 1959. FHL Collection 201403 Item 5
- [Huggins] Huggins, George Allen. Genealogy, Huggins (Huygens--Huyghens), 1682-1934. S.C.?: G.A. Huggins, Jr., 1934. FHL Collection 1401457
- [Lee] Jamison, Elizabeth Ann Arledge. Past, Present and Future Generations of the Sligh and Lee Families of South Carolina. Franklin, Tenn.: E.A.A. Jamison, 1997. FHL Collection 929.273 L51je; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- [McCarley] McAfee, Jane Berry. The McCarley Memories. Farmersville, Texas: Search-N-Print, 1980. FHL Collection 929.273 M126mj
- [McCrary] Reynolds, Harriet Dickson. Colonel Robert McCrary (1732-1804) of North Carolina and Some of His Descendants in Georgia and Alabama. Typescript. FHL Collection 929.273 M137rhd
- [Mell] Mell, P.H. and Eliza Elizabeth Cooper Pell. The Genealogy of the Mell Family in the Southern States. Auburn, Ala.: Dr. & Mrs. P.M. Pell, 1897. FHL Collection 1016937 Item 12
- [Miller] White, Margaret Miller. The Huguenot Millers: A Family History. [Miss.]: S.M.M. White, 1986. FHL Collection 929.273 M612wm
- [Mounier] White, Margaret Miller. The Huguenot Millers: A Family History. [Miss.]: S.M.M. White, 1986. FHL Collection 929.273 M612wm
- [Norman] Carson, Maggie Laurie and Margaret Newman. The Normans, 1720-1976, and Information on the Walker, Clayton and Weir Families of Mississippi: A Genealogical Record, 1975-1976, in Memory of Marguerite Norman Caver, Who Kept a Family Record in Pictures Which Made Possible Our Research. Tuscaloosa, Ala.: Round Table Press, 1976. FHL Collection 929.273 N781cm
- [Palmer] Towles, Louis P. A World Turned Upside Down: The Palmers of South Santee, 1818-1881. Columbia, S.C.: University of South Carolina Press, 1996. FHL Collection 929.273 P182wt
- [Ramsey] Ramsey, James. Ramsey Roots and Branches. Houston, Texas: J. Ramsey, 1980. FHL Collection 929.273 R149rj
- [Ravenel] Ravenel, Henry James. Ravenel Records: A History and Genealogy of the Huguenot Family of Ravenel, of South Carolina; with Some Incidental Account of the Parish of St. Johns Berkeley, which was Their Principal Location. Atlanta, Ga.: The Franklin Printing and Publishing Co., 1898. Digital version at Google Books. 1964-1973 supplements: FHL Collection 1486610 Items 8-9
- [Ravenel] Ravenel, Henry Edmund. Ravenel Records New Edition with Penciled Marginal Notes and Annotations, Including a Copy of a Letter to Capt. Daniele Ravenel by Benjamin Mazÿck, 29th June 1776. Dunwoody, Ga.: Norman S. Berg, 1971. FHL Collection 929.273 R196r 1971
- [Slappey] Slappey, Lennick M. and Mary T. Slappey. Hans (John) George Slappey. Americus, Ga.: L.M. Slappey, Sr., 1982. FHL Collection 929.273 SL13s
- [Snelgrove] Snelgrove, Price Charles. Freeman Snelgrove and Some of His Descendants. Alford, Fla.: P.C. Snelgrove, 1993. FHL Collection 929.273 Sn27sp
- [Sparks] Sparks, Kenneth Edgar. The History of a Sparks Family. Vancouver, Wash.: K.E. Sparks, 1974. FHL Collection 1206299 Item 21
- [Winchester] Crowe, Winifred Winchester. Our Winchester Generation, 1975. Typescript. Microfilmed 1978. FHL Collection 1036648 Item 25
- This page was last modified on 26 December 2012, at 19:17.
- This page has been accessed 2,436 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki