Bermondsey Christ Church, SurreyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Bermondsey Christ Church, Surrey family history and genealogy research page. Guide to parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Bermondsey Christ Church, Surrey|
|Poor Law Union||Bermondsey PLU|
|Parish registers: 1845|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - Winchester; Post-1845 - London|
|Probate Court||Pre-1846 - Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey; Post-1845 - Court of the Bishop of London (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Surrey Record Office|
Bermondsey Christ Church was originally created as one of several chapelries lying within the boundary of the ancient parish of St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey. It was constructed by the year 1845*.
The other chapels built prior to 1900 in the ancient parish and borough included:
- Charterhouse Mission, Bermondsey -
- Christ Church - 1845*
- Clare College Mission, Bermondsey - 1886
- Holy Trinity Rotherhithe St, Bermondsey - 1838
- St Anne Thorburn Sq, Bermondsey - 1866
- St Augustine, South Bermondsey - 1872
- St Crispin, Southwark Park Rd - 1874 *St Hugh, Crosby Row - 1885
- St James, Jamaica Rd, Bermondsey - 1830
- St Luke, Grange Road - 1885 * St Mary Magdalen - 1548
- St Paul, Kipling St - 1846
- St Saviour, Southwark Park Rd - 1874
- St Stephen‘s Mission Church, Tenda Rd - 1872
BERMONDSEY (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish and union, in the borough of Southwark, E. division of the hundred of Brixton and of Surrey, 1½ mile(S. S. E.) from London. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Surrey Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 214-223. Date accessed: 18 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2014, at 21:29.
- This page has been accessed 2,731 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki