Bessingham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Bessingham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1695|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Bessingham St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the Repps deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
BESSINGHAM (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of North Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 8 miles (N.) from Aylsham. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: email@example.com
Bessingham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Bessingham, Norfolk Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 222
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438853.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Bessingham on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 223-228. Date accessed: 29 August 2013. http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50795#s6
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 4 November 2014, at 22:31.
- This page has been accessed 1,379 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page