Besthorpe, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Besthorpe, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Besthorpe All Saints
|Poor Law Union||Wayland PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Besthorpe All Saints is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
BESTHORPE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Wayland, hundred of Shropham, W. division of Norfolk, 1 mile (E. by S.) from Attleburgh. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Wayland 1837-1974
Besthorpe, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Besthorpe, Norfolk Parish Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 309/1-8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438865.
http://www.doun.org/transcriptions/documents.php?register_id=59&district_id=24&document_type=400+ 1861 Census transcript
http://apling.freeservers.com/1891Census/Besthorpe.htm+ transcript of 1891 census
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Besthorpe on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 223-228. Date accessed: 2 September 20013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 11 April 2014.
http://www.achurchnearyou.com/besthorpe-all-saints/ for information about the parish.
http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=77142 British History online with list of rectors
http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-220298-all-saints-church-besthorpe British Listed Buildinghttp://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/besthorpe/besthorpe.htm Norfolk Churches website
- This page was last modified on 4 November 2014, at 22:19.
- This page has been accessed 1,665 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page