Biddlesden, BuckinghamshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Biddlesden, Buckinghamshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Brackley PLU|
|Parish registers: 1686|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1814|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - Lincoln; Post-1844 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham|
|Location of Archive|
|Buckinghamshire Record Office|
BIDDLESDON (St. Margret), a parish, in the union of Brackley, hundred and county of Buckingham, 3½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Brackley.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Biddlesden parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|BIDDLESDEN PARISH Online Records|
Society of Friends/Quaker
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241212.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Buckinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Biddlesden on GENUKI
- ↑ John Marius Wilson., Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870 Date accessed and adapted 23 May 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 27 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:40.
- This page has been accessed 1,425 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page