Billockby, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||East and West Flegg PLU|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
The tower was hit by a lightening strike in 1762 and the masonry destroyed the nave. A small part of the church restored in 1872 remained in use until abandoned. Billockby St Andrew is a ruined church and Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich.Date accessed: 2 September 2013
BILLOCKBY (ALL SAINTS), a parish, in the East and West Flegg incorporation, hundred of West Flegg, E. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (N. E.) from Acle.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Flegg 1837-1924
- Yarmouth & Flegg 1925-1935
- Fleggburgh 1935-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Billockby, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Billockby, Norfolk Parish Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on Record Search as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
| Baptisms 1600-1608, 1622-1637, 1666-1744 1769-1812 Marriages 1600, 1630, 1676-1744, 1777-1811 Burials 1600-1608, 1622-1637, 1666-1736 1777-1812
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526745 Item 13
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438856.
Poor Law Unions
East and West Flegg http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Flegg/Flegg.shtml
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Billockby on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 241-244. Date accessed: 2 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 11 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:19.
- This page has been accessed 1,621 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki