Birmingham 2nd Alabama Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Birmingham Second Ward Family History Center serves the communities of the eastern Birmingham and several cities on the eastern side of the Birmingham, Alabama metro area. We strive to provide local needs for research and assistance in family history research and genealogy resources.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1337 Old Springville Road, Birmingham, AL 35235
- Use main parking enclosed section: ring doorbell. If no answer and no cars are in the parking area please check posted hours or call for appointment in the Family History Center.
- 1 205-854-0300
- Wed 5:00pm-9:00pm by appt only
- Fri 9:00am-1:00pm by appt only
Calendar and Events
First Tuesday each month class 6:30-8pm
Staff Training Meetings: TBA
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films available through the FamilySearch Catalog and access to films or books from Birmingham First Ward collections as short term loans by request
Hardware and Equipment
We have one computer, one printer; three microfilm readers in a reading room with storage for films ordered for viewing. Please bring your laptops so we can work together.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Any members who wish to volunteer as consultants or to assist as a consultant companion during Family History Center Hours please contact as listed above; Priesthood support volunteers requested.
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,075 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page