Bledsoe County, Tennessee GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Has anyone studied my Bledsoe County, Tennessee family before?
Message boards and online family trees can help you learn if someone is actively researching your ancestors. More than 15 books or articles have been published about Bledsoe County's families. Descendants of some historic residents have had their DNA tested.
- Main article: Bledsoe County, Tennessee
- Compendium of Local Biography, Bledsoe County, TN. Signal Mountain, Tenn.: Mountain Press, 1988?. FHL Book 976.876 D3c.
- Douthat, James L. Sequatchie Families: Biographical Sketches of the Earlier Settlers of the Sequeatchie Valley of Tennessee. Signal Mountain, Tenn.: J.L. Douthat, 1983. FHL Book 976.87 D3d.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Biard] Smith, Maud Biard. The Biard Family. Paris, Texas: M.B. Smith, 1954. FamilySearch Books Online; FHL Film 1033942 Item 8.
- [Blake] Johnson, Chester R. The Blakes of Bibb County, Alabama, 1819-1988. Cullman, Ala.: Gregath, 1988. FHL Book 929.273 B581j.
- [Boyd] Boyd, R. Vernon. The Boyds of Sequatchie Valley, Tn. Typescript. Microfilmed reproduction: FamilySearch Books Online; FHL Film 1750733 Item 37.
- [Boyd] Boyd, R. Vernon. The Descendants of Major Elliot Hodge Boyd, Sr., 1795-1865. Detroit, Mich.: R.V. Boyd, 1976. FHL Film 982155 Item 7.
- [Fleming] Tuttle, Gertrude Fleming and Fred Miller Robinson. The Flemings of Bransford. Mount Pleasant, South Carolina: F.M. Robinson, 1994. FamilySearch Books Online; FHL Book 929.273 F629t.
- [Foster] Fletcher, Pauline Carlton. Ancestors of Ephram Hiram Foster. Oklahoma City, Okla.: P. Fletcher, 1989. FHL Book 929.273 F811fo.
- [Hale] Lynch, Muriel Nadine Hale. Spanning the Centures with the Hale Family. 3 vols. Independence, Mo.: M. Lynch, 1990; Kansas City, Mo.: MNL Publishers, 1999. FHL Book 929.273 H13L v. 1.
- [Lamb] Mohon, James L. Lamb and Allied Famlies of the Sequatchie Valley. Baltimore, Md.: Gateway Press, 1996. FHL Book 929.273 L 165m; Free lookups available! Other surnames include: Anderson, Carmack, Boyd, Rains and Standifer.
- [McReynolds] McReynolds, Claud F. A Branch of the McReynolds Clan, Descendants of John McReynolds, Born about the Year 1665 in Scotland. Fredericksburg, Texas: C.F. McReynolds, 1978?. FHL Book 929.273 M246a.
- [Parker] Stewart, Mildred Beth Wise. Descendants of Hezekiah V. Parker, Sr. and Mary Ann Smith Parker. Fairborn, Ohio: M.B. Stewart, 1988. FHL Book 929.273 P223s.
- [Rothwell] Fischer, Myra Smith. A Rothwell Book. Memphis, Tenn.: M.S. Fischer, 1964. FHL Book 929.273 R746f; digital version at Heritage Quest Online ($).
- [Stone] Smith, Maud Biard. The Biard Family. Paris, Texas: M.B. Smith, 1954. FamilySearch Books Online; FHL Film 1033942 Item 8.
- [Swafford] Swofford, Ray C. Swaffords of Sequatchie Valley, Tennessee. Houston, Texas: R.C. Swofford, 1978. FHL Film 1036306 Item 1.
- [Thomas] Copy of Summary Sheet, Thomas, John, W 876. Typescript. Microfilmed reproduction: FHL Film 165997.
- [Walker] Bowman, G. Ralph. Some Descendants of Captain George Walker, 1745-1833: of Fauquier, Virginia; Burke County, North Carolina; Knox, Rhea & Bledsoe Counties, Tenn. n.p.: G.R. Bowman, 1978, 2004. FamilySearch Books Online; FHL Book 929.273 W152bg.
- [Welch] Welch, June Rayfield. A Family History: The Ancestry of Ransom Frank Welch and Susan Curtis Welch. Dallas, Texas: J.R. Welch, 1966. FHL Book 929.273 W442f.
- This page was last modified on 12 December 2012, at 22:38.
- This page has been accessed 429 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More