Blofield, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Blofield, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Blofield PLU|
|Parish registers: 1545|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Blofield St Andrew and St peter is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich. Picture of St. Andrew & St. Paul Church provided by Maureen Mitchell
BLOFIELD (St. Andrew), a parish, and the head of a union, in the hundred of Blofield, E. division of Norfolk, 7 miles (E.) from Norwich. The Independents have a place of worship. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Blofield, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Blofield, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1545-1901||Undefined||1545-1915||Undefined||1545-1783, 1813-1901|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438849.
Genealogy From Periodicals
Mallett, B. Which Was His Father. History and Family tree of Nicholas Mallett and Susanna Salmon,at St. Gregory, Norwich 1748, and his 2nd marriage to Sara Field at Coslany in 1777.The surnames included on the tree are Sayer, Mason, Evans, Waters-Leaving, dated from 1748 - 1963. Article in The Norfolk Ancestor, old series, vol. 4, pt. 2, page 45, Family History Library Ref. 942.61 B2j vol.4, pt 2.
Poor Law Unions
The union consisted of the following parishes: Acle, Beighton, Blofield, Bradestone, Brundall, Buckenham Ferry, Burlingham St Andrew, Burlingham St Edmund, Burlingham St Peter, Cantley, Freethorpe, Halvergate, Hassingham, Hemblington, Limpenhoe, Lingwood, Moulton, Great Plumstead, Little Plumstead, Postwick, Ranworth with Panxworth, Reedham, Southwood, Strumpshaw, Thorpe St Andrew, Tunstall, Upton with Fishley, Walsham St Lawrence, Walsham St Mary, Wickhampton, Witton, Woodbastwick.
Blofield Union was incorporated under the 1834 Act. The Union Workhouse was opened in 1836 at Lingwood. Blofield Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 3 in 1930.
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 6 May 1971 (C/GP2/29) and on unknown dates.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
WW1 War Memorials courtesy of Norfolk Transcription Archive
WW2 War Memorials courtesy of Norfolk Transcription Archive
- Blofield on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 282-286. Date accessed: 2 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 23 March 2015, at 20:36.
- This page has been accessed 3,765 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More