Bloomfield Indian Seminary (Oklahoma)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Name changed to Carter Seminary in 1930.
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Bloomfield Seminary, 1912-1930, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Roll 6, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm number 1724224).
A census, part of the Annual Indian Census Rolls, was taken at this school in 1924. This roll has been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, roll 12. Copies of this record are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm number 573858). The Indian census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
A census of the employees and pupils of Bloomfield School in 1930 is part of the regular federal census for that year. The listing is part of the listing for Ardmore Township, Carter County, Oklahoma (Enumeration District #10-5, Sheet 25B).
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,051 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki