Bluntisham, Huntingdonshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||St Ives PLU|
|Registration District||St Ives|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Rural Deanery||St Ives|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Huntingdonshire Record Office|
Guide to Bluntisham, Huntingdonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Bluntisham, is a township and a parish in St. Ives district, Huntingdonshire, 3 miles SE of Somersham railway station, and 4½ miles NE of St. Ives. There are chapels for Independents, Baptists, Wesleyan Methodists, Primitive Methodists, and Quakers.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bluntisham, Huntingdonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BLUNTISHAM PARISH (1538) Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288835.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Bluntisham on GENUKI
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-2. Date accessed: 13 August 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 18 April 2014.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Huntingdon, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 5 June 2015, at 00:17.
- This page has been accessed 2,096 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News