Blythburgh, SuffolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Blything PLU|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1563|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
Blythburgh, is a village and a parish in Blything district, county of Suffolk. The village is on the river Blythe, 3½ miles NNE of Darsham railway station, and 4½ miles ESE of Halesworth. The parish includes the hamlets of Hinton and Bulcamp. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to Blythburgh and Suffolk in the Family History Library Catalogue for available records.
Blythburgh was in Blything district. To search an index of Blything district records go to FreeBMD. The Suffolk Civil Registration article provides more details about these records. Civil Registration began in 1837.
Blythburgh, Suffolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Blythburgh, Suffolk Parish Online Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
Information about parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, parish chest records, non conformist and other types of church records. Also add links to online parish collections. Make reference to records found in the FHLC. To locate resources, look at Suffolk Parishes in the FHL catalogue.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474635.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72). Adapted. Date accessed: 21 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Baptism Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk "Early" Burial Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 4 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 1 May 2014, at 22:01.
- This page has been accessed 650 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback