Bobbington, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Bobbington, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Brimstree; South Seisdon|
|Poor Law Union||Seisdon PLU|
|Parish registers: 1571|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1636|
|Probate Court||Court of the Royal Peculiar of Bridgnorth|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
|Part of this parish is in Shropshire. See also Bobbington, Shropshire.|
BOBBINGTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Seisdon, partly in the hundred of Brimstree, S. division of Salop, but chiefly in the S. division of the hundred of Seisdon and of the county of Stafford, 8 miles (W. N. W.) from Stourbridge. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bobbington parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free (FREG - Search under Staffordshire)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|BOBBINGTON PARISH (1571) Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1571-2002 Mar 1571-2004 Bur 1571-1992
Bishop's Transcripts at Lichfield Record Office Bap Mar Bur 1813-1831
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Bobbington, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474629.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 286-290. Date accessed: 16 October 2012.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:48.
- This page has been accessed 2,491 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page