Boldre, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Boldre, Hampshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Christchurch; New Forest|
|Poor Law Union||Lymington PLU|
|Parish registers: 1596|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1780|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
BOLDRE (St. John), a parish, in the union of Lymington, partly in the E. division of the hundred of New Forest, and partly in the hundred of Christchurch, Lymington and S. divisions of the county of Southampton, 2 miles (N.) from Lymington; including the chapelry of South Baddesley, and the tythings of Battramsley, Pilley with Warborne, Sway, and WalhamptonThere is a place of worship for Particular Baptists..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Boldre parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOLDRE PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288797.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 290-295. Date accessed: 20 June 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 24 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hampshire, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 8 October 2013.
- ↑ Phillimore Hampshire Parish Marriage Registers, Vol. 11 (1900). Digital version at GENUKI - free.
- ↑ 'Hampshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2014, at 03:33.
- This page has been accessed 2,694 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki