Bolney, Sussex GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Bolney, Sussex ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Cuckfield PLU|
|Parish registers: 1541|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1606|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) of Chichester for the Archdeaconry of Lewes|
|Location of Archive|
|Sussex Record Office|
BOLNEY (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Cuckfield, partly in the hundred of Buttinghill, but chiefly in the half-hundred of Wyndham, rape of Lewes, E. division of Sussex, 3¼ miles (W. S. W.) from Cuckfield. Bolney St Mary Magdalene is an Ancient Parish in West Sussex.
Church History Bolney St Mary
The parish church of St Mary Magdalene has been designated as a grade I listed building British listed building
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
This parish was part of Cuckfield registration district from September 1837. see further details To apply for certificates please contact
Centralized Certificates Office
West Sussex Record Office
Bolney, Sussex Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOLNEY PARISH (1541) Online Records|
Link to the FamilySearch Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Bolney
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464160.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Sussex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 295-302. Date accessed: 20 September 2013
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 30 December 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Sussex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 31 December 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 22 December 2013.
- ↑ Sussex Online Parish Clerks, accessed 7 January 2014.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 16 May 2015, at 16:41.
- This page has been accessed 3,113 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News