Boston, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Genealogical Resources: History of Boston, NY
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Boston Historical Society
9410 Boston State Road
Boston, NY 14025
| Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society
25 Nottingham Court
Buffalo, NY 14216
| Genealogical Resources: Library, Guide to Genealogical Materials, city directories, church records (many Roman Catholic parishes), cemetery transcriptions, censuses, genealogy books, obituary index to Buffalo newspapers (1811-2001), private papers, obituary request form, published family histories, list of professional researchers for hire.|
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Boston, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Erie County, New York Town Historians, Historical Societies and Historical Museums, Updated: 20 October 2004, http://wnyroots.tripod.com/index-historians.html (accessed 15 December 2011).
- ↑ Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogist's Address Book: State and Local Resources, with Special Resources Including Ethnic and Religious Organizations, 6th ed. (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub., 2009), 402. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24ben 2009.
- This page was last modified on 5 March 2012, at 23:24.
- This page has been accessed 1,028 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki