Boston, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Genealogical Resources: History of Boston, NY
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Boston Historical Society
9410 Boston State Road
Boston, NY 14025
| Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society
25 Nottingham Court
Buffalo, NY 14216
| Genealogical Resources: Library, Guide to Genealogical Materials, city directories, church records (many Roman Catholic parishes), cemetery transcriptions, censuses, genealogy books, obituary index to Buffalo newspapers (1811-2001), private papers, obituary request form, published family histories, list of professional researchers for hire.|
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Boston, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Erie County, New York Town Historians, Historical Societies and Historical Museums, Updated: 20 October 2004, http://wnyroots.tripod.com/index-historians.html (accessed 15 December 2011).
- ↑ Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogist's Address Book: State and Local Resources, with Special Resources Including Ethnic and Religious Organizations, 6th ed. (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub., 2009), 402. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24ben 2009.
- This page was last modified on 5 March 2012, at 23:24.
- This page has been accessed 241 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More