Botus Fleming, CornwallEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Botus Fleming, Cornwall family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Botus Fleming, Cornwall|
Botus Fleming St Mary contributor Mick Lobb
|Poor Law Union||St Germans PLU|
|Registration District||St Germans|
|Parish registers: 1548|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1608|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
BOTUS-FLEMING, a parish, in the union of St. Germans, S. division of the hundred of East, E. division of Cornwall, 3 miles (N. W.) from Saltash.  Botus Fleming St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.
The Parish Church is dedicated to St Mary and has a western tower and a fine arcade between the nave and the north aisle. In a field near the church is an obelisk in memory of William Martyn built in 1762. Moditonham is the site of the medieval castle of the Moditons of which nothing remains; there is now a large Georgian house there
England Jurisdictions 1851 may be used to locate nearby parishes by clicking the "Options" tab and selecting "List contiguous parishes."
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is Free BMD.
Botus Fleming, Cornwall parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Botus Fleming, Cornwall Parish Online Records|
Records deposited cover 1548-1992, these registers are kept at the County Record Office, County Hall, Truro TR1 3AY.
The Family History Library has microfilmed parish registers from 1548-1992 and bishop’s transcripts from 1675-1773.
Burials from 1813 do not appear but are incorrectly way pointed in the Bolventor waypoints. This issue has been referred to engineers for future correction.
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish http://www.cornwall-opc.org/Par_new/a_d/botus_fleming.php.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241259.
Overview, If there is any unique information such as the census for X year was destroyed, Collection in FHL and link to catalog, Online sites.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
Botus in GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 309-314. Date accessed: 06 March 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 30 July 2014, at 21:52.
- This page has been accessed 1,746 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki