Boughton under Blean, KentEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Boughton under Blean, Kent ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Boughton under Blean, Kent|
St. Peter and St. Paul Boughton-under-Blean Kent
|Poor Law Union||Faversham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1568|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Canterbury (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Kent Record Office|
BOUGHTON-under-Blean (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union of Faversham, hundred of Boughton-under-Blean, lathe of Scray, E. division of Kent, 3 miles (S. E. by E.) from Faversham. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Boughton under Blean is a village and civil parish in the Swale district of Kent Boughton under Blean Wikipedia
Boughton under Blean St Peter and St Paul is an Ancient Parish in the diocese of Canterbury and the eponymous hundred of Boughton under Blean described by Edward Hasted 'The hundred of Boughton under Blean: Introduction', The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 7 (1798), pp. 1-2. at British History Online
The church dates from the 13th century with 14 and 15th century additions and restored in 1871 by St Aubyn.
The church is designated a grade I listed building by English Heritage. British listed building
See also Kent Archeological Society and Edward Hasted The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 7 (1798), pp. 2-19 BoughtonunderBlean + at British History Online and Kent Churches
Kent County Council
Kent ME14 1XX Telephone 08458 247 400 http://www.kent.gov.uk are developing online search for all birth marriages and deaths as a result of a community volunteer effort. Not all events are capable of search but the index is updated annually.
Kent County Council (KCC) has a certificate centre at the Mansion House in Tunbridge Wells which holds all the completed registers for Kent since 1 July 1837 and can supply a certified copy of any Kent birth, death or marriage entry from any register within its custody or a Kent civil partnership registration from the government online database.
The Mansion House
Grove Hill Road
Kent TN1 1EP
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Boughton under Blean St Peter and St Paul parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|FSBOOK = FamilySearch Books - free|
|IARC = Internet Archive - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|Boughton under Blean St Peter and St Paul Parish Online Records|
|FMP||1558-1912||1558-1912||1754-1928; 1754-1907 (Banns)||1754-1928; 1754-1907 (Banns)||1558-1907||1558-1907|
Boughton under Blean St Barnabas parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Boughton under Blean St Barnabas Parish Online Records|
Images for Boughton under Blean are available at FamilySearch Records see England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) 1780-1832
FamilySearch Records includes collections of census indexes which can be searched online for free. In addition FamilySearch Centres offer free access to images of the England and Wales Census through FHC Portal Computers here have access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Category:England Family History Centres to locate local Family History Centres in UK
Introduction to LDS Family History Centers to locate outside UK.
Many archives and local history collections in public libraries in England and Wales offer online census searches and also hold microfilm or fiche census returns.
Images of the census for 1841-1891 can be viewed in census collections at Ancestry (fee payable) or Find My Past (fee payable)
The 1851 census of England and Wales attempted to identify religious places of worship in addition to the household survey census returns.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Kent Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Local Family History Centre
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) and England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments (FamilySearch Historical Records) means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view these
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 314-317. Date accessed. 8 July 2013.
- ↑ 'Canterbury baptism records coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Canterbury marriage records coverage', Find My Past, accessed 14 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Canterbury banns coverage', Find My Past, accessed 11 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Canterbury burial records coverage', Find My Past, accessed 14 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Kent Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 6 November 2013.
- ↑ Batches P015111 and M015111, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Kent, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 12 March 2012.
- ↑ John Adolphus Boodle, The Registers of Boughton-under-Blean, Co. Kent: Baptisms 1558-1624, Marriages 1558-1626, Burials 1558-1625 (London: The Parish Register Society, 1903). Digitised by Internet Archive.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Kent, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 15 November 2013.
- This page was last modified on 3 December 2014, at 18:28.
- This page has been accessed 6,480 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More