Bourbon County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Bourbon County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Bourbon County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|County Seat||Fort Scott|
|Address|| Bourbon County Courthouse|
210 S. National Ave.
Fort Scott, Kansas 66701-1328
Bourbon County Courthouse
210 S National Ave
Fort Scott, KS 66701-1328
Clerk Circuit has divorce records from 1870.
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records from 1870
and court records from 1963. 
1855--Bourbon County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Fort Scott 
Men from Bourbon county enlisted in the 1st Regiment, Company A and in the 2nd Regiment.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Bourbon County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Bourbon County, Kansas 248 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 8 February 2013, at 00:17.
- This page has been accessed 1,265 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More