Bournemouth St Peter, HampshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Bournemouth, Hampshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Bournemouth St Peter, Hampshire|
|Poor Law Union||Christchurch PLU|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
As the population of the parish grew in the latter part of the 19th century, further parishes were created as divisions from St Peter. These churches included the following:
- Bournemouth St Clement - 1871
- Bournemouth Holy Trinity- 1867
- Bournemouth St Michael]] - 1874
- Bournemouth St Paul - 1878
- Bournemouth St Andrew - 1887
- Bournemouth St Augustin - 1893
- Bournemouth St John - 1888
- Bournemouth St Stephen- 1902
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288800.
BOURNEMOUTH, a village, in the parish, union, and hundred of Christchurch, Ringwood and S. divisions of the county of Southampton, about 6 miles (W. by S.) from Christchurch..
- Bournemouth - Dorset OPC
- Bournemouth, Hampshire (St Peter) - Michael Day, UKOLN
- St Peter with St Stephen, Bournemouth - Church of England
- Bournemouth Town Centre Parish
- This page was last modified on 14 April 2014, at 15:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,647 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki