Bradfield St George, SuffolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Bradfield St George, Suffolk|
|Poor Law Union||Thingoe PLU|
|Parish registers: 1555|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1563|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Norwich; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
Bradfield St. George, or Monks-Bradfield, is a parish, in the union of Thingoe, hundred of Thedwastry, in the west division of Suffolk, it is 4½ miles SE from Bury St. Edmund's. There is a small place of worship for Baptists.
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to Bradfield-St. George and Suffolk in the FamilySearch Catalogue for available records.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bradfield St George, Suffolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|1813 = Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|Bradfield St George, Suffolk Parish Online Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
Information about parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, parish chest records, non conformist and other types of church records. Also add links to online parish collections. Make reference to records found in the FamilySearch Catalog. To locate resources, look at Suffolk Parishes in the FamilySearch Catalogue.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474643.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 326-331. Adapted. Date accessed: 23 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 10 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 22:44.
- This page has been accessed 1,179 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki