Brampton, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Aylsham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1732|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Brampton St Peter is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
A medieval round tower church.
Brampton is a small village and parish in the county of Norfolk, England, in the Bure Valley, east of Aylsham. For local government purposes the civil parish is within the Broadland district.
BRAMPTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 2¾ miles (S. E.) from Aylsham. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Aylsham 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Brampton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BRAMPTON PARISH Online Records|
||1601, 1709-1836; 1755-1902 (Banns)||
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 445
Parish registers for Brampton Microfilm copy of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich.
General registers, 1732-1812 (baptisms, burials, 1732-1810; marriages, 1732-1754). Marriages, 1755-1812; marriage banns, 1755-1823. Marriages, 1813-1836. Marriage banns, 1824-1902. FHL BRITISH Film 1951374 Items 13 - 16
Baptisms 1601-1610, 1623-1630, 1665-1812 Marriages 1601-1608?, 1710-1810 Burials 1601-1610?, 1623-1630, 1665-1811 FHL BRITISH Film 1526779 Item 8
Churchwardens accounts, 1760-1896 Microfilm copy of original in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library in Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Churchwardens accounts, 1760-1896 FHL BRITISH Film 1951463 Item 9
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438854.
Genealogy From Periodicals
Curties. E.A. The Curties Family of Norfolk. History and family tree of Robert Curtes and Prudence Gascoyne, with the following surnames, Barker, Boldney, Leman, Creasey, Doughty, Parker, Paul, Titsell, Smith, Topps, Hutton, Lake, Howard, Summere, Sturt, Bailey, Loynes, Mattewson, Rook. There is a descripiton of each of the family and their life, in many Norfolk Parishes. Brampton, Irstead, Oynead, Aylsham, Sidestand, Oxnead, Scottow, Trimingham, North Walsham, and Swofield. Article dates are 1556-1945, and is found in The Norfok Ancestor, old series, vol. 2,pt2 page 17-22, Family History Library Ref. 942.61 B2j old series, v2. pt. 2
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 339-343. Date accessed: 2 September 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 7 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 27 May 2015, at 11:35.
- This page has been accessed 3,998 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More