Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Cemetery Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Cemetery Records, 1897-2012 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Brasil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Registros de Cemitérios Municipais
The collection contains cemetery records from the four municipal cemeteries in Belo Horizonte: Bonfim, Consolação, Paz, and Saudade from 1897-2012.
The records are in Portuguese; see the section "For Help Reading these Records" for access to translation helps.
Additional images will be published as they become available.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Cemetery Records, 1897-2012.|
Cemetery records may include:
- Name, age, and gender of the deceased
- Marital status/name of spouse
- Children's names
- Cause of death
- Cemetery name (place of burial)
- Date of burial
- Plot location
How to Use the Record
As you are searching, it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor's given name and surname, and some identifying information such as residence, age, and family relationships.
Burial records are often brief, so it can be easy to confuse individuals of the same name, origin, and birth date.
Compare what information is given with what you already know about your ancestor to make sure it is the correct person.
Search the Collection
To search by image:
To search the collection by image, you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate "Cemetery and Record Type"
⇒Select the appropriate "Volume" which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Portuguese. For help with reading the records, see the following resources:
Using the Information
- Use the age to determine a birth year.
- Use the estimated birth year (from previous) and birthplace to locate the birth record.
- Use the locality and the spouse's name to locate a marriage record church and/or civil records.
- Compile the entries for every person who has the same surname; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual.
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have been buried in the same cemetery or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify.
Tips to Keep in Mind
When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
The name of the undertaker or mortuary could lead you to funeral records, which often include the names and residences of other family members.
|FHL Place Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte items or FHL Keyword Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Brazil Archives and Libraries.|
- Cemitério da Saudade
- Cemitério da Saudade
- Cemitério da Paz
- Cemitério do Bonfim
- Cemitério da Consolação
- Belo Horizonte History
Related Wiki Articles
- Brazil Cemeteries
- Brazil Probate Records
- Brazil Church Directories
- Brazil Church Records
- Brazil Civil Registration
- Brazil Military Records
- Brazil Census
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citations for this Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- “Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Municipal Cemetery Records, 1897-2012.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Fundação de Parques Municipais, Belo Horizonte [Municipal Parks Foundation, Belo Horizonte].
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Cemetery Records, 1897-2012.|
- This page was last modified on 17 October 2014, at 22:31.
- This page has been accessed 2,484 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More