Bridekirk, CumberlandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Bridekirk, Cumberland ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Allerdale below Derwent|
|Poor Law Union||Cockermouth PLU|
|Parish registers: 1584|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1663|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Cumberland Record Office|
BRIDEKIRK (St. Bridget), a parish, in the union of Cockermouth, Allerdale ward below Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 2 miles (N. by W.) from Cockermouth.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Parish registers for Bridekirk, 1585-1960 at the FHL
Bishop's transcripts for Bridekirk, 1663-1879 at the FHL
Parish registers for chapelry of Great Broughton, 1863-1960 at the FHL
Bridekirk, Cumberland parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|BRIDEKIRK PARISH Online Records|
- Society of Friends/Quaker - Marriages, births and burials, 1657-1827 Great Broughton Preparative Meeting at the FHL
- Wesleyan Methodist
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241278.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cumberland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Bridekirk on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848) Date accessed and adapted 18 July 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 21 November 2014, at 16:42.
- This page has been accessed 1,771 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page