Brookfield, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Genealogical Resources: History of Brookfield, NY
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the largest online collection of 400 New York 1795-2007 newspapers. The instructions for this quirky site are needed to get the most out of it.
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the following Brookfield, New York newspaper images:
- Brookfield NY Courier 1876-1977
- Brookfield NY Forest Stream and Farm 1890
- Brookfield NY Young America 1875-1876
Archives, Libraries and Museums
The town of Brookfield does not have a library but check out the Mid York Library System of which Madison County is a part of, to locate the towns close to Brookfield that have public libraries.
Hamilton Public Library
13 Broad Street
Hamilton, NY 13346
Oneida Public Library
Genealogical resources: Local History Room
Brookfield Museum and Giles School
10556 Skaneateles Turnpike
Brookfield, NY 13314
Appointments: Please call 315-861-2651 or 315-899- 5893
Genealogical Resources: The Mary King Research Library collections includes the following items, family names, newspapers on microfilm, vital stats, census records and more.The Society also has an online newsletter.
City of Brookfield, Clerk
10535 Main Street
PO Box 83
Brookfield, NY 13314
Sherry Kabana (2011)
Brookfield Town Clerk Hours:
Tuesday and Wednesday - 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Friday - 4pm - 7:00pm
Saturday - 8am - noon
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Brookfield, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 05:22.
- This page has been accessed 2,698 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More