Brookhaven, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Brookhaven was first settled in 1655.
- 1705-1786 - Petty, Joseph H. "Abstracts of Brookhaven (L.I.) Wills, on Record in the Surrogate's Office at New York," The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, 1705-1753: Vol. 11, No. 1 (Jan. 1880):24-29; 1757-1765: Vol. 12, No. 1 (Jan. 1881):46-49; 1766-1769: Vol. 12, No. 4 (Oct. 1881):198-199; 1770-1778: Vol. 14, No. 3 (Jul. 1883):140-142; 1778-1782: Vol. 24, No. 2 (Apr. 1893):88-90; 1782-1786: Vol. 24, No. 3 (Jul. 1893):142-144. Digital version at New York Family History ($); FHL Book 974.7 B2n v.. Internet Archive has digitized Vols. 11-12, and Vol. 24, but not Vol. 14.
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Brookhaven Town Clerk
One Independence Hill
Farmingville, NY 11738
Hours: M 9am-7pm, T-F 9am-4:30pm
The Town Clerk has the records of birth, death, or marriage for the town.
Brookhaven Town Historian
215 South Ocean Avenue
Patchogue, NY 11772
Brookhaven town records were published in three volumes.
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Brookhaven, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Orville B. Ackerly, "Long Island Town Records," New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Vol. 48, No. 1 (Jan. 1917):75-76. Digital versions at Internet Archive - free; New York Family History ($); FHL Book 974.7 B2n v. 48.
- ↑ WeRelate contributors, "Source:New York Genealogical and Biographical Record (New York Genealogical and Biographical Society)," in WeRelate, http://www.werelate.org/wiki/Source:New_York_Genealogical_and_Biographical_Record_%28New_York_Genealogical_and_Biographical_Society%29, accessed 17 February 2012.
- ↑ Bellport-Brookhaven Historical Society at http://bellport.com/historicalsociety/ (accessed 14 December 2011).
- This page was last modified on 17 February 2012, at 18:27.
- This page has been accessed 1,446 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page