Bruisyard, Suffolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Plomesgate|
|Parish registers: 1566|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
Bruisyard, is a parish in Plomesgate district, Suffolk county; it is on the river Alde, 3 miles NE of Framlingham railway station, and 4½ miles WNW of Saxmundham. 
- Bruisyard in the FamilySearch Catalog
Bruisyard, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|1813 = Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) (findmypast) - (£)|
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Bruisyard, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
Information about parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, parish chest records, non conformist and other types of church records. Also add links to online parish collections. Make reference to records found in the FamilySearch Catalog. To locate resources, look at Suffolk Parishes in the FamilySearch Catalogue.
There are census records available for Bruisyard from 1841 to 1911. Census records are available on a variety of subscription and other websites. If you need to consult the Bruisyard 1841-1891 censuson microfilm, refer to the library catalogue.
There is statistical data available for the census years 1801 to 1931 that records the number of houses, families, people, and other statistical data for every parish in the county.
Refer to the Suffolk Census wiki article for details.
Prior to 1858 the primary court that had jurisdiction over Bruisyard was the Archdeaconry of Suffolk; however, a person’s will or administration may have been probated in nearby courts or even in London. After 1858 it was in Ipswich District. Refer to the Suffolk Probate Records article for further details.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Wilson, John W., Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Adapted. Date accessed: 23 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2016, at 04:41.
- This page has been accessed 2,874 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News