Bunwell, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Depwade|
|Parish registers: 1551|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
BUNWELL (St. Michael), a parish, in the union and hundred of Depwade, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (N. E. by E.) from New Buckenbam. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists. 
Bunwell St Michael and All Angels is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich. The church is large with Perpendicular windows in the wide walls . These contain what are among the widest naves and chancels in Norfolk, and a five light east window of about 1450. The burial ground around the church is also large.
Bunwell is one of the few places where a census record before 1841 survives. Here is a link to the 1777 Census Transcription provided through Genuki.co.uk.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438851.
1891 Census Surname Index courstesy of Pat Greetham and Norfolk Transcription Archives
Bunwell, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Bunwell, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference Parish Records PD 712 /1-12
Poor Law Unions
- Bunwell on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 431-437. Date accessed: 12 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 27 May 2015, at 11:42.
- This page has been accessed 5,296 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News