Bury, HuntingdonshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||St Ives PLU|
|Registration District||St Ives|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Rural Deanery||St Ives|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Huntingdonshire Record Office|
Guide to Bury, Huntingdonshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Bury, is a parish in St. Ives district, Huntingdonshire, ¾ of a mile S of Ramsey railway station, and 8 miles N W of St. Ives.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bury, Huntingdonshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BURY PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288835.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Bury on GENUKI
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-2. Date accessed: 13 August
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- ↑ Huntingdonshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 April 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 25 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 22 July 2014, at 17:50.
- This page has been accessed 902 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki