Bygrave, HertfordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Hitchin PLU|
|Parish registers: 1765|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1614|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - Lincoln; Post-1844 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon (Hitchin Division)|
|Location of Archive|
|Hertfordshire Record Office|
Bygrave, a parish, in the union of Hitchin, hundred of Odsey, county of Hertford, 2 miles (N.E. by N.) from Baldock.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bygrave, Hertfordshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Bygrave, Hertfordshire Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288833.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hertfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Bygrave on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1831. Adapted. Date accessed: 11 January 2014.
- ↑ 'The Hertfordshire Collection,' findmypast, accessed 5 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Hertfordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Marriages and Marriage Licences (1538-1922),' Hertfordshire County Council, accessed 6 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hertford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 11 December 2013.
- ↑ Hertfordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 12 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 12 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 22:02.
- This page has been accessed 1,098 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page