Caddo County, OklahomaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Caddo County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Caddo County, Oklahoma|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
| Map of the U.S. highlighting Oklahoma|
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||August 6, 1901|
|Address|| Caddo County Courthouse|
SW 2nd Street and Oklahoma Ave.
Anadarko, Oklahoma 73005-1427
1901--Caddo County was created in 1901 from original lands. Formerly I County, name changed to Caddo 8 Nov 1902.
County seat: Anadarko 
For tips on accessing Caddo County, Oklahoma census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Lawton newspapers that may have included Caddo County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Caddo County, Oklahoma. Page 557 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Oklahoma-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 12 February 2013, at 17:05.
- This page has been accessed 1,292 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More