Caister, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Caister, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||East and West Flegg PLU|
|Parish registers: 1544|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
CAISTOR on Sea Holy Trinity is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich.
A fourteenth century church with Victorian renovation.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Flegg 1837-1924
- Caister next Yarmouth 1925-1926
- East Caister, West Caister to 1938
- Great Yarmouth 1939-1974
Caister, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Caister, Norfolk Online Parish Records|
The parish is sometimes referred to as Caister-next-Yarmouth. This designation is used by Phillimore and Holley Phillimore 1899-1936
Norfolk Record Office reference PD450/1-11, 20-21
This parish's registers do not appear in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections because no microfilm of the parish is held.
A transcript collection Parish register transcripts, 1563-1837 Caister-next-Yarmouth with index Baptisms, burials, 1563-1812; marriages, 1563-1837 is available in images as a result of conversion from microfilm
| Parish register transcripts
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1911696 Item 18
The transcript is handwritten
Church records for the Great Yarmouth circuit, 1842-1893 Primitive Methodist
| Baptisms, 1832-1869, 1879-1893
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438855.
Poor Law Unions
East and West Flegg http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Flegg/Flegg.shtml
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Caister-on-Sea on GenUKI
- Parish Info
- Caister on Norfolk Churches
- historic photographs (commercial site)
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:25.
- This page has been accessed 2,754 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page