Caister St Edmund with Markshall, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Caister St Edmund with Markshall, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Henstead|
|Parish registers: 1557|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish HistoryCAISTOR (St. Edmund's), a parish, in the union and hundred of Henstead, E. division of Norfolk, 3½ miles (S.) from Norwich. The living is a rectory, with that ofMerkshall or Mattishall-Heath united. 
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Caister St Edmund with Markshall, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Caister St Edmund with Markshall, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1557-1812||Undefined||1557-1846, 1881-1901||Undefined||1557-1812|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD8 1-4
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438863.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Markshall on GenUKI
- Caistor St Edmund on GenUKI
- West Caister St Edmund on A Church Near You
- Caistor St. Edmund on Norfolk Churches
- Guide to the Roman Town
- Roman Town Norfolk Archaeological Trust
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 467-471. Date accessed: 08 April 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 27 May 2015, at 11:50.
- This page has been accessed 2,643 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News