Caldwell Idaho Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Location and Hours
- 3015 S Kimball Ave Caldwell Idaho 83605 United States
- Enter on the South side of the Caldwell Stake Kimball building.
- Tuesday: 9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
To arrange for groups during hours or Friday or Saturday's, call 454-8324.
(Ward consultants should always assist when ward groups come to the Family History Center.)
Individual help is always available during Center hours.
Closures: To be announced
Tri-Stake Discovery Day
Don’t miss Family Discovery Day Saturday Oct. 17 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Kimball building (3015 S. Kimball Ave.).
Free classes and activities will show you how to create, preserve and share your
unique family story. Learn how to build your personal family tree, discover information about your
ancestors, and bring your family history to life with photos, stories and audio recordings—all from the comfort of your home! Admission is free, but registration is recommended. Sign up at lds.org/topics/familyhistory/host-a-family-history-fair/family-history-day or call the Family History Center 454-8324 Monday 10 a.m.–2 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday 9 a.m.–5 p.m. and again from 6 to 9 p.m.
Family Discovery Day Classes:
• Family Tree: Getting Started - 9:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
• Family Tree: Adding Memories- 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
• Family Tree: Nooks and Crannies- 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
• Your Family Journal- 9:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
• Using Social Media- 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
• Genealogy Merit Badge- 9:30 a.m.
• Indexing- 9:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
• Family History software and tools- 9:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
• Exhibits and Activities- 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
September 2015 Classes
FamilySearch, Family Tree
10 Sept: Thurs., 2 p.m. FamilyTree Quick Start
17 Sept: Thurs., 2 p.m.: FamilyTree, Preparing Names for the Temple
24 Sept: Thurs., 2 p.m. FamilyTree, Adding memories (photos, audio and stories)
New Consultant Training
1 Oct: Thurs., 7 p.m. New Consultant Training
(MUST call and register for this class)
Please call the Caldwell Family History Center at 454-8324 to register for any of these classes.
Staff Training 2015 Schedule
- 12 September: Saturday
- 10 October: Saturday
- 14 November: Saturday
- 12 December: Saturday
Family History Consultant Training
For help with your family history calling go to: Family History Callings
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 'The Compendium of American Genealogy (a 7-volumue set)—First Families of America.' donated by the Caldwell Public Library
- Trained staff will help you with your research problems.
Hardware and Equipment:
- 16 networked computer workstations with printer access
- 1 microfilm reader
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1 Scanner/printer/copier
- 1 microfilm/fiche reader, scanner, copier
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Books and Films available at the Caldwell Family History Center
Volunteer at the Center
- Volunteers are asked to serve a four hour shift per week.
- Sharpen your skills by taking advantage of staff training.
- Struggling with your Family History Consultant Calling? Serving at the center will give you the experience of working with others.
- Experienced family hisotrians needed to serve-We need your knowledge and skills.
- This page was last modified on 24 September 2015, at 02:10.
- This page has been accessed 11,297 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News