Caldwell Idaho Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Caldwell Idaho Family History Center serves the areas of Caldwell and Middleton Idaho.
Center Location and Hours
Location and Map:
- 3015 S Kimball Ave Caldwell Idaho 83605 United States
- Enter on the South side of the Caldwell Stake Kimball building.
- Tuesday: 9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
To arrange for groups during hours or Friday or Saturday's, call 454-8324.
(Ward consultants should always assist when ward groups come to the Family History Center.)
Individual help is always available during Center hours.
Calendar and Events
- Jun 23-24: Closed Jun 23 and untill 6:00 pm on Jun 24th for parking lot resufacing
- Jul 4: Closed-Happy Independance Day
- Jul 21: Closed for floor Cleaning
- Sep 1: Closed- Labor Day
- Nov. 24- 28 Closed Thanksgiving Holiday
- Dec 22 - Jan 2: Closed- Merry Christmas!
Caldwell Family History Center Upcoming Classes
10 AM, Tues, Dec., 2 & 9—Very Beginning, Family Tree: Judy Priest
7 PM, Thurs, Dec. 4—New Consultant Training: Elaine Vollmer
7 PM, Tues, Dec. 9—Adding Audio to Family Tree: Bruce Lowder
7 PM, Thurs, Dec. 4, 11, 18--Indexing Workshops: Cindy Whitaker
Please call 454-8324 to sign up for each set of classes.
Staff Training 2014 Schedule
- Jun-Aug: No Staff Training
- Jul 12 - Staff Appreciation Barbeque: 6:00 pm
- Sep 13- Staff Training: 8:30 a.m.
- Oct 11 - Staff Training: 8:30 a.m.
- Nov 8 - Staff Training: 8:30 a.m.
- Dec - No Staff Training
Family History Consultant Training
For help with your family history calling go to: Family History Callings
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 'The Compendium of American Genealogy (a 7-volumue set)—First Families of America.' donated by the Caldwell Public Library
- Trained staff will help you with your research problems.
Hardware and Equipment:
- 16 networked computer workstations with printer access
- 1 microfilm reader
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1 Scanner/printer/copier
- 1 microfilm/fiche reader, scanner, copier
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
- Volunteers are asked to serve a four hour shift per week.
- Sharpen your skills by taking advantage of staff training.
- Struggling with your Family History Consultant Calling? Serving at the center will give you the experience of working with others.
- Experienced family hisotrians needed to serve-We need your knowledge and skills.
- This page was last modified on 21 November 2014, at 05:19.
- This page has been accessed 8,336 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page