Caldwell Idaho Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Caldwell Idaho Family History Center serves Caldwell, Idaho area.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 3015 S Kimball Ave Caldwell Idaho 83605 United States
- Enter on the South side of the Caldwell Stake Kimball building.
- Tuesday:9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday:9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
To arrange for groups during hours or Friday or Saturday's, call 454-8324.
(Ward consultants should always assist when ward groups come to the Family History Center.)
Individual help is always available during Center hours.
Calendar and Events
- Jun 23-24: Closed Jun 23 and untill 6:00 pm on Jun 24th for parking lot resufacing
- Jul 4: Closed-Happy Independance Day
- Jul 21: Closed for floor Cleaning
- Sep 1: Closed- Labor Day
- Nov. 21- 30 Closed Thanksgiving Holiday
- Dec 19- 31: Closed- Merry Christmas!
- Jan 1- 4: Closed-Happy New year
Caldwell Family History Center Upcoming Classes
Please call 454-8324 to sign up for each set of classes.
Family Tree: Wednesday mornings-10 AM:
Oct. 1: Basics of Family Tree, Adding, and Editing
Oct. 8: Adding Sources
Oct. 15: Preparing Names for the Temple
Oct. 22: Adding Memories: Photos, Stories, Documents, etc.
Roots Magic: Thursday evening-7 PM:
Oct. 16: Getting Started with RootsMagic (webinar)--live Q&A period afterward
Oct 23: Ancestral Quest: Thursday evening-7 PM:
Staff Training 2014 Schedule
- Jun-Aug: No Staff Training
- Jul 12 - Staff Appreciation Barbeque: 6:00 pm
- Sep 13- Staff Training: 8:30 a.m.
- Oct 11 - Staff Training: 8:30 a.m.
- Nov 8 - Staff Training: 8:30 a.m.
- Dec - No Staff Training
Family History Consultant Training
FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment:
- 16 networked computer workstations with printer access
- 1 microfilm reader
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1 Scanner/printer/copier
- 1 microfilm/fiche reader, scanner, copier
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Through Ancestry.com, viewable with an ancestry account or at the FH Center
Red Book-online Ancestry.com wiki
Cornwall England Parish Records
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 30 September 2014, at 12:01.
- This page has been accessed 7,676 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki